We can answer your questions about why a brake service is needed or how the problem occurred.
At Johnson & Johnson Import Specialists, Inc., we want our customers to feel completely comfortable in their vehicles. Our professionals are certified technicians who work quickly and efficiently to provide the auto services you require in Raleigh, North Carolina. One important part of your vehicle that we maintain and repair is the brakes, and we can answer your questions about why a brake service is needed or how the problem occurred.
- Brake Pad & Shoe Replacement – Brake pad problems can usually be identified by squealing brakes. If your brake pads deteriorate completely, you’ll hear a grinding metal-on-metal sound when braking, meaning that it’s too late and you’re ruining your rotors or drums! You should always see an auto repair professional immediately if you have brake problems.
- Resurface Rotors – In a disc brake system, rotors are attached to your vehicle’s wheels. When the brake pads grip the rotor, they bring both the rotor and wheels to a stop. However, the friction causes grooves and cracks to appear over time. Resurfacing brings the rotor back to “like-new” condition, reducing squealing and wobbling. Our specialists will give your rotors a thorough inspection and recommend the best course of action.
- Caliper Replacement – The brake caliper houses your brake pads and fits around the rotor like a clamp, pressing the pads against the rotor when you brake. A brake caliper problem could cause uneven braking, making your car slide forward when you brake. Uneven braking can also cause your vehicle to slide out of control in bad weather conditions. If you are experiencing these problems, call on us right away for auto services.
- Brake Hoses – A brake hose is a tube carrying pressurized brake fluid from the master cylinder to the brakes. A crushed hose can cause a lagged or slow brake, and a leak in the hose can cause the brake, or the entire brake system, to fail. These don’t need to be replaced often but should be replaced at the first sign of cracking or wear.
- Brake Fluid Flushes – Brake fluid will absorb water from the air over time, causing the brake system to become less effective and the fluid to become corrosive, possibly damaging the system. It is important to perform a brake fluid flush regularly to ensure that your vehicle is using fresh fluid. Talk to our technicians about when it’s time for a brake fluid flush.
- Anti-Lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake systems (ABS) offer greater control by ensuring that the wheels don’t stop rotating during braking, preventing the car from skidding. If your ABS light comes on, we will be happy to diagnose and fix the problem.
Give us a call at Johnson & Johnson Import Specialists, Inc. today to schedule your auto services. We will be happy to speak with you.